The GameMaker Awards are always hotly-contested, but this year, with perhaps the most stacked field in the history of the competition, it seemed impossible to call.
That’s where you came in, and you didn’t disappoint. Over 13,500 votes were cast, making this year’s Awards one the biggest by far in terms of responses!
And now, we’re delighted to announce your winners:
- Game Of The Year 2023: Pizza Tower
- Most Anticipated Game 2023: Berserk Boy
- Best of GX.games 2023: Super Chicken Jumper
GameMaker Awards 2023 ‘Best Game’ Winner: Pizza Tower
This year’s winner of the coveted ‘Best Game’ award is the hyper-manic destructible platformer, Pizza Tower, developed by Tour De Pizza!
Pizza Tower stars the wild and balding Italian pizza chef, Peppino Spaghetti, who embarks on a quest to destroy the titular Pizza Tower that threatens his restaurant.
Victory in this category is no mean feat, either; this year’s shortlist for Best Game was absolutely stacked with some of the greatest indie releases of the year, including:
- FAITH: The Unholy Trinity by Airdorf Games
- OTXO by Lateralis Heavy Industries
- Rusted Moss by faxdoc, happysquared, and sunnydaze
- ZERO Sievert by CABO Studio.
GameMaker Awards 2023 ‘Most Anticipated’ Winner: Berserk Boy
Your ‘Most Anticipated’ winner was the high-speed action platformer, Berserk Boy, developed by BerserkBoy Games.
Scheduled to release in 2024, Berserk Boy hands you the powers of Lighting, Fire, Ice, Air, and Earth in your quest to defeat Berserk Boy’s greatest enemy, Dr. Genos, who threatens to enslave the planet with his army of darkness.
Berserk Boy knocked back strong competition from another stacked shortlist, which featured:
- Beastieball by Wishes Ultd (Back the Kickstarter)
- CONSCRIPT by Jordan Mochi and Catchweight Studio (Kickstarter ending soon)
- Slave Zero X by Poppy Works
- Turnip Boy Robs a Bank by Snoozy Kazoo.
GameMaker Awards 2023 ‘Best of GX.games’ Winner: Super Chicken Jumper
The ‘Best of GX.games’ award was claimed by the addictive and charismatic Super Chicken Jumper, developed by SewerCat Studio.
Face the forces of evil as planet Earth’s last hope: Chicken, the nimble fowl with a knack for destruction and death. This award is the latest success story for our Brazilian GameMaker community, whose votes helped propel developers Gemaplys and Luiz Alves’ game to first place.
The finalists for the coveted ‘Best of GX.games’ award included:
- Happy Sheepies by Berker Games
- Run Bun Bun Run by jman-001 studio
- Sunset Driver by Tsunami Surfers
- Vaporwave Surfers by gearheadgames studio.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their games and all those who voted. We’ll see you next year!