GameMaker Studio 2 version 2.2.1 has been in our beta channel for a while now. Now, after multiple updates and feedback from our beta users, it is ready for full release!
Version 2.2.1 is our biggest ever bugfix release all thanks to our ongoing consolidation efforts. The release includes an update to macOS IDE's Mono version, in-game performance optimizations, our new Beta Channel, custom maps for gamepads and a huge amount of HTML5 fixes.
Further changes include fixes for Ctrl+Shift+F, Android Adaptive Icons Support, changes to the way saving is done, so we now save to a temporary location, then attempt to modify/remove the old files (a few times, if required) and other IDE fixes listed below.
Misc IDE Fixes:
- Preferences: Added new Workspace background stretch mode - Screen Stretch. Resizing left/right docks won't cause your wallpaper to move also. Is now the default if you have not set this Preference previously
- Game Options: Changed Main > Game Speed to default to 60fps in new projects, not 30
- Game Options: Removed the checkbox for MOGA Gamepads from Android, as this is no longer relevant in 2.2.1+ runtimes, as we have changed the gamepad integration
- Game Options: Added a checkbox into iOS > Social for whether you want Push Notification support included in your game or not
- Game Options: Added a checkbox into iOS to control whether you want the iPhone X home bar to require a double-tap to wake, rather than a single-tap
- Game Options: Removed the architectures for MIPS and ARMv5 from Android, as these are no longer supported by Google in their current build tools
- Object Editor: Can now press Delete on an event to remove it
- Object Editor: Fixed an issue with some inherited instance variable values not being shown correctly when in the room editor
- Code Editor: Added new DnD nodes for "Get Draw Font" and "Get Text Alignment"
- Resource Tree: Fixed an issue which could cause the tree to be locked in "reorder mode" when clicking off a resource to confirm a rename
- Resource Tree: Fixed an issue where cloning the Default view would leave the resource tree blank
There are a lot of bugs fixed in the IDE and the runner for this release, so we would strongly recommend you check the change log pages and be aware of anything which applies to your project(s). Known Issues can be found on the bug database also.
For downloads and more info please see: