Welcome to Hero’s Trail, a simple and fun tutorial for new GameMaker users! This series demonstrates all the amazing things you can do with GameMaker at a basic level and allows you to learn all the ins and outs of the program while developing an action-adventure game!
We’ll use the Hero’s Trail template project in this part to get a quick introduction to the world of GameMaker, and in subsequent parts we’ll build upon the basic demo to create our own fully-fledged action-adventure game!
Here are the tutorial contents:
Create & Publish Your Action-Adventure Game
Start by creating your first game in 30 minutes, customizing it to your liking and sharing it with the world on GXC!
Next: Further GameMaker Learning
After you've had your introduction, you can jump to any topic from the list below to implement specific features.
Various Feature Additions
New AI enemy
- How to add a hearts system (health)
- How to draw hearts on HUD (GUI)
- How to reduce player health & apply knockback
- How to attack in all 4 directions
- How to create a heart pickup
- How to create a speed power up
- How to create an invincibility power up