GameMaker Runtime Licence - Education
Last updated: 21 November 2023
This licence outlines the terms which govern the licence you have purchased from Opera.
Licence Fee: this license has no cost associated with it and has been granted free of charge.
Licence Duration: this license lasts for the duration of your accounts lifetime and does not expire.
Included Exports: the following are the platform exports that are included within this licence, these will be available to you within GameMaker for your Licence Duration unless support has ceased.
- PlayStation 4*
- PlayStation 5*
- Xbox One & Series X|S*
- Nintendo Switch*
*Approved developer status required
Commercial Use: this licence grants you a commercial license to use the following platform exports for both GMS2 Runtime and GMRT:
Revenue Share: there is no revenue share that you will be required to pay as part of this license.
Cost per Install: there is no cost associated with the number of installs that your content can have.
Additional Costs: there are no additional costs associated with this license.
- Opera grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited, worldwide license for the licence duration specified at the time of purchase.
- In no circumstances are you permitted to share your own or use a third party's GameMaker license.
- This licence grants you the right to distribute the runtime portion of GameMaker in executable code format only as an integrated and inseparable part of your content to third parties to whom you license such content, subject in each case to your full compliance with the GameMaker Terms and payment of all applicable fees.
- You agree that any such distribution is at your own risk and may be subject to additional terms and conditions depending on the applicable third party platform, which we suggest you read carefully before exporting any content.
- At times it may be necessary for us to cease support for some platforms, this may be due to reasons such as them reaching their end of life or us being unable to properly support them. If this is the case then you will be notified as soon as reasonably possible.
- Unless required by law it is not permitted to make changes to this GameMaker Runtime Licence. In the event that a change is required you will be notified as soon as reasonably possible.